OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
The San Diego Brain Tumor Foundation (SDBTF) will not sell, trade, or share the personal information you provide to us through our website with anyone else, nor will SDBTF send donor mailings on behalf of another organization without your written permission to do so.
We collect several types of information:
- Standard Web server traffic pattern information. General traffic, site usage, browser information, and length of stay information is collected and stored in log files. This type of information is shared externally only on an aggregated basis.
- Personal information. We do not collect personally identifiable information from you unless you provide it to us voluntarily and knowingly. If you personalize a Website, become volunteer, order materials, request information, or donate, for example, we may collect the following information: first and last name, street address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, and subject of inquiry. Personal information may be needed for certain optional online activities.
- Contributions: If you choose to donate to our organization, we maintain a record of your contribution. We collect standard credit card information (card number, card type, expiration date) and keep a record of your financial transaction. Credit card numbers are held only until the charge can be processed.
- Requests: If you submit an online request for SDBTF products such as free brochures, or submit a question through a “contact us” query, we may have to gather additional information from you to respond to your request. Such information will vary with the request but often includes name, address, telephone number, and email address.
We limit the use of information provided to us on our Website to the following:
- If you do not make a service request, donation, purchase, or otherwise identify yourself, we will have noidentifiable information about you. We will only use aggregate information derived, in part, from your use of our site to improve our website and our service to you.
- If you provide personal information, we may enter your name into our constituent database and contact you in order to:
- Complete voluntary surveys seeking feedback for quality and service improvement purposes.
- Supply you with information including brain tumor-related health news, SDBTF programs, events, and services.
Request voluntary time or monetary contributions to SDBTF.
- We collect the email addresses of those who communicate with us by email. Inquiries may be forwarded to the appropriate SDBTF department for response and may be entered into our constituent database. If your name is entered into the database, we may contact you (see 2 above).
- Your health-related information is privileged and confidential and will not be shared or released to any organization or business entity.
We respect your privacy and allow you to restrict internal and external sharing of your personal information. We recognize that you may wish to limit the ways in which we contact you and we offer the following options:
- Do not contact me by telephone.
- Do not contact me by postal mail.
- Do not contact me by email.
- Do not contact me with fundraising requests supporting SDBTF.
To inform us of any desired restrictions, please email us at email@example.com. If you contact us with an opt-out request, all reasonable efforts will be taken to ensure that you will not receive any of the selected communications from us in the future.
Upon request, we will provide you with the information we maintain about you so that you may request corrections. This information will be sent via postal mail, which we believe is the most secure method of communication. Please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing at:
San Diego Brain Tumor Foundation
852 5th Ave
San Diego, CA 92101
To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before providing information or making corrections.
LINKS WITHIN OUR WEBSITE
Our privacy policies apply only to your use of the SDBTF Website. This site contains links to other sites, including sites that have a special relationship with us. We do not disclose personable identifiable information to those operating linked sites and we are not responsible for their privacy practices. Links to other sites do not imply an endorsement of the materials or policies on those Websites. You should read the privacy policies of each site you visit to determine what information that site may be collecting about you.